I set out on this trip not driven to find some deeper meaning in life or discover my mid-life self in the dusty outskirts of civilization. I was just picking up a motorcycle and it seemed like the fun way to get it home. The time on the road - some 820 miles worth - gave me the opportunity to think about anything and everything. At times, random stupid songs would come into my head. I had a Snowbird t-shirt on and that Ann Murray tune kept playing again and again. Does that constitute mental illness?
Motorcycle riding is so different than driving a car. I enjoy both, but motorcycling keeps you in the moment. Your senses are all percolating constantly, so there are no thoughts of yesterday or tomorrow - just the moment. So my great revelation was simply to seize the moment. The next one will come, the last one is already gone. See that one just went by. So did that one.
Thanks very much for reading this blog. I was going to take pictures anyway and this gave me the excuse to blather on and make it seem like what I'm doing is interesting. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed putting it together.
Cheers
Michael

No comments:
Post a Comment