We're on a road to nowhere
Today's drive took me from Laramie, WY to Salina, KS. Coming out of Laramie I encountered a complete zero visibility fog situation heading through the Routt National Forest. I was hoping not to be a part of one of those CNN stories that begins with "What caused a massive pile-up just east of Laramie, WY? We'll show you after the break..."
Otherwise the weather was windy with a chance of wind, highs in the upper wind and lows in the winds. Windy tomorrow. There was not much to do or look at on this leg of the trip, especially taking the Interstate.
Speaking of wind - I have been happy to see a large number of wind farms in Wyoming, Nebraska and Kansas. Seems like a no-brainer.
Nothing much to report but a few pics. I'll make it to the Dallas area tomorrow and catch up with the girls and the rest of my family.
Music selections from today's trip:
Radiohead - "The Bends"
Bat for Lashes - "Two Suns"
Shawn Colvin - "A Few Small Repairs" (because she talks about Salina and Wichita)
Lady Antebellum - "Need You Now" (because I was out in the country)
Mileage Ticker: 967 miles traveled so far











2 comments:
It's tough to let you know now that it is well behind you, but you missed a chance to learn about "150 years of transportation and communication across America" when you bypassed the Great Platte River Road Archway Museum. Read about it here:
http://www.archway.org/About/default.aspx
It's even more wondrous than I thought. According to the website: "Total of 89,000 blades of grass appear throughout the show." Also, an "authentic 1961 Cadillac convertible is showcased."
I took the time to explore the Kearney, NE website and with the sandhill cranes, vineyards and wines, and Nebraska firefighters museum, I can see why it is a must see on any trip through Nebraska. Really. I am being serious. Check it out:
http://www.visitkearney.org/
Post a Comment