Greetings from the Land of Zion™. It's been a while since we posted anything here....back in 2007 to be exact. But we are heading to the road once again this coming weekend to visit friends and family in Texas and take delivery of our new camping trailer - a Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe model if you must be a nosey-Nellie.
I will be driving from our sleepy (and I do mean sleepy) bedroom community of Sandy, Utah to Texas via Laramie, WY and Salina, KS where I will meet up with Laura and WeeVT who will be flying. Our currently planned route will be:
Total driving is something on the order of 3500 miles in 2 weeks.
Highlights of the trip include the aforementioned visits with family and friends, the camper factory delivery and handoff and the "Bluebonnet Casita Rally" - a Casita enthusiast event in Bandera, TX wherein 150 Casitas and 149 retired couples plus the three of us will spend 5 days relishing trailer life, custom trailer "mods", seminars on "Traveling with your medications" and "Where to find a 12V CPAP machine", craft classes and much more.
We will be in Bandera outside of San Antonio during "Fiesta San Antonio" - one of the nation's largest cultural celebrations. And we may take in Sea World, located in central Texas at the geographically farthest point from the actual sea in the lower 48.
From there we travel through west Texas to southern New Mexico, through Tucson and Sedona and finally back to our neighborhood through Zion N.P. and back home to Sandy City.
Join us for all the fun and hi-jinx for TrailerQuest 2010!

2 comments:
Can hardly wait for the first update. This is one hell of a long trip. We drove the Kansas-Colorado-Wyoming route moving to Utah. Never been back. Take lots of upbeat rock and roll to keep you company.
Jack - there are no two ways about it - driving through the great plains can be a bit tedious. I decided not to drive through Denver on a Saturday and face potential traffic jams...it's slightly farther to drive east from Cheyenne and drop down through Kansas but there shouldn't be any surprises.
Since I'll be solo driving to Texas I can bang out almost half the mileage in two and a half days.
Where's my monkey butt powder......
Post a Comment