Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Helmet head


Greetings from the Phoenix airport. Uneventful so far. It is damned hot here though. Good thing I bought my $4 "Republic of Tea" iced tea at the restaurant.

One thing about traveling in an airport with riding gear is that it makes mundane tasks fun and challenging. With my rollbag, riding jacket and helmet in hand...I entered the men's room. This was a "number one" event, but I decided to take option on a stall - a small, private universe if only for a minute or two.

I know better than to set anything on a public bathroom stall floor, so I eyed the small door hook and considered what I would hang on it. The jacket was a no-brainer, but the bag and helmet both slipped off. Hmmm. Can I hold both and still take care of business, I pondered.

I briefly contemplated putting the helmet on. But my own self-embarassment and that particular mental image kept me from it. So, I'll spare you the remaining details but I picked up some new motor skills today. I think I'm ready to be a Chinese Acrobat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time, wear and hold the helmet

BB said...

Same goes for the rollbag

DaC0der said...

I hope you enjoyed the moment. You may never be the same after the dreaded Monkey Butt.

Anonymous said...

Don't you mean your "$4 'Republic of Tea' ICE Tea?